THE 2013 STAGECOACH CARPOOL CONVOY SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND REGULATIONS
This Sweepstakes is open to individuals 18 and older who are legal residents of the U.S. including the District of Columbia (excluding Florida, New York, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions).
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES: You do not need to purchase a ticket to Stagecoach: California’s Country Music Festival (the “Festival”) to enter or win and doing so will not increase your chances of winning. The “2013 Stagecoach Carpool Convoy” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Goldenvoice LLC, having its principal place of business at 5750 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 501, Los Angeles, CA 90036-3638. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM Pacific Time and ends on Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time (such period, the “Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to individuals 18 and older who are legal residents of the U.S. including the District of Columbia (excluding Florida, New York, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) (the “Eligibility Area”). Employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not)) of Goldenvoice LLC and its respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent company (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Provider”) and each person or entity in connection with the production, administration or judging of the Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: In person entries only. To enter the Sweepstakes, decorate or “pimp out” your vehicle (Car or RV) with the words “Stagecoach Festival Carpool Convoy” (the “Words”) on the exterior; you are encouraged to be creative and make your vehicle easy to spot. Park in one of the designated parking or camping areas for the Festival at any time during the Entry Period. If you enter the parking or camping entrance with the Words visible and with four (4) or more people in your vehicle, all of whom are eligible (each a “Qualified Entrant Vehicle”) each member in the vehicle (up to a maximum of eight (8)) may be selected to win a prize (“Selected Entrants”). During the Entry Period, at randomly chosen pre-selected times and locations, and using a random number generator to determine which numbered car from among all cars with Qualified Entrants will be chosen, the Secret Spotter will be in one of the public parking entrance areas or designated official camping areas of the Festival to select the Selected Entrants. Sorry, people traveling on bicycles, motorcycles, on public transportation, or in a vehicle that carries less than four (4) people (such as a two-seater), or other alternative modes of transportation are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes via this method. Please decorate your vehicle in a manner that does not impede your driving or create a safety risk for others. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. No entries will be acknowledged or returned.
4. PRIZES: A total of twenty-two (22) Qualified Entrant vehicles will be selected from the total number of Qualified Entrants. Up to eight (8) eligible people in each Qualified Entrant vehicle will receive the Prize being awarded. The Prizes are as follows:
VIP Passes (including a VIP wristband and a VIP seat) (approximate retail value: $800 per pass) will be awarded to two (2) Qualified Entrant Vehicles.
Fifty Dollar ($50.00) Merchandise Vouchers for 2013 Festival Merchandise (approximate retail value: $50 per Gift Voucher) will be awarded to five (5) Qualified Entrant Vehicles.
Twenty Dollar ($20.00) Food Vouchers for the 2013 Festival will be awarded to five (5) Qualified Entrant Vehicles.
Ferris Wheel Ride Vouchers (approximate retail value five dollars ($5.00) will be awarded to ten (10) Qualified Entrant Vehicles.
There are a maximum of eight (8) Prize Winners (as defined below) per vehicle. For clarification, each Selected Entrant in a Qualified Entrant Vehicle selected by the Secret Spotter will be eligible to receive the applicable prize, however, if more than eight Selected Entrants are in a selected Qualified Entrant Vehicle, a random drawing may be held to determine the applicable Prize Winners. The VIP Passes, Merchandise Vouchers, Food Vouchers, and Ferris Wheel Ride Vouchers are collectively referred to as the “Prizes”. If the maximum number of eight (8) Selected Entrants in each Qualified Entrant Vehicle is awarded a Prize the approximate retail value of all Prizes is Sixteen Thousand U.S. Dollars ($16,000.00).
Except where otherwise expressly noted in these Official Rules, the selection of all vendors, prizes, products and services is subject to the Sweepstakes Provider’s sole and absolute discretion. Prizes (and/or any potion thereof) are nontransferable and non-exchangeable. No substitutions or cash redemption of Prizes are permitted except that the Sweepstakes Provider retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value (or at Sweepstakes Provider’s election, the cash value of the applicable Prize). Additional restrictions may apply. Unless otherwise stated, travel is not included; any and all expenses not expressly listed here are responsibility of the winners of the applicable Prizes (each a “Prize Winner”). Due to the nature of the prize, Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible to the Prize Winners if the Festival, or any portion thereof, is cancelled or postponed.
5. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF CHOSEN ENTRANTS. During the Sweepstakes Period, at randomly chosen pre-selected times and locations, and using a random number generator to determine which numbered car from among all cars with Qualified Entrants will be chosen, the Secret Spotter will be in one of the public parking areas of the Festival and select the Selected Entrants. The selection will be conducted by the Sweepstakes Provider whose decision is final and binding on all aspects of this Sweepstakes. If each passenger in a selected car is 18 years of age or older and otherwise qualified, one representative from the car will be given the opportunity to select a ticket which corresponds to one of the Prizes. Each of the Qualified Entrants in that vehicle will win the corresponding Prize, which will be awarded immediately upon completing required paperwork.
Each Selected Entrant may be required to show photo identification and may also be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release ("Release"). Except where prohibited by law, Selected Entrants must allow Sweepstakes Provider to use their name, picture, and winning story for marketing purposes. Selected Entrants may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address and phone number. Unless restricted by law, each Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release at the time of selection by the Secret Spotter. An alternate group of Selected Entrants may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if any Selected Entrant: (i) refuses to sign the documents; or (ii) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. If properly qualified, Selected Entrants will receive a Prize immediately. Sweepstakes Provider will not be responsible for lost Prizes and will not replace lost or destroyed Prizes for any reason.
By entering the drawing, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider. In the event of non-compliance for any reason, including the inability to accept the Prize for any reason, an alternate entrant may be selected.
6. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sweepstakes Provider and/or its promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Provider makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sweepstakes Provider attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), automobile(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or using http://www.stagecoach.com (the “Sweepstakes Site”). If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sweepstakes Provider, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select a Selected Entrant from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. Proof of submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by the Sweepstakes Provider. In the event that there are typographical errors that obscure the original intent of the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes appropriately.
All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). Prize Winner(s) may be sent a tax form 1099 in the event the average retail value requires Sweepstakes Provider to submit such form. In order to claim the Prize, the Selected Entrant may be required to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and in compliance with these Official Rules, liability release, publicity release (unless prohibited by law), address verification and other registrations and participation information requested by the Sweepstakes Provider (unless prohibited by law), at the discretion of Sweepstakes Provider. Additional information will be mailed to Selected Entrant using the address provided in the entry form. The return of forms or prizes as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Provider. In no event is Sweepstakes Provider required to contact Selected Entrant more than once.
By entering this Sweepstakes and unless prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant hereby consents to use of his/her respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation and the potential winner and guest may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent, unless restricted by law. Moreover, by entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, the potential Prize Winner agrees to grant to the Sweepstakes Provider, and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the Prize Winner’s name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by the Sweepstakes Provider in its sole discretion.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release and hold the Sweepstakes Provider harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity (including without limitation the removal from the site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials), or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will the Sweepstakes Provider be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, arising out of any access to and/or use of the Sweepstakes Site, the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the Sweepstakes Site, the removal from the Sweepstakes Site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials, or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or participation in, any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sweepstakes, all Prizes, and all materials provided on or through the Sweepstakes Site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
10. GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California and where the relevant contacts are with such state. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
(b) Severability; Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
(c) Winner: To receive a copy of the winners’ list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WINNERS’ LIST, “2013 Stagecoach Carpool Convoy” Sweepstakes, Goldenvoice LLC, 5750 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 501, Los Angeles, CA 90036. Requests for must be received by September 1, 2013. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.
(d) Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these complete rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules, “2013 Stagecoach Carpool Convoy” Sweepstakes, Goldenvoice LLC, 5750 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 501, Los Angeles, CA 90036. Requests for Official Rules must be received by September 1, 2013. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.